Table of Contents:
- What is a Meeting Room?
- Creating a New Meeting Room
- Private Meeting Room
- Background Image Settings
- Enabling Speech to Text Function
- Room Language Settings
- Change Webcam Size
- Rectangular Webcam Shape
- Set Virtual Background
- Entering a Meeting Room
- Inviting Members to a Meeting
- Set Up Regular Meetings
- Set Regular Meetings
- Delete Meeting Room Data Automatically
- Removal of a Meeting Room
What is a Meeting Room?
Like in a real office, the meeting room is a space for members to hold meetings.
You can check who is having a meeting without entering it by looking at the sidebar and meeting room cards on the floor.
Unlike the floor, other members’ voices can be heard from anywhere in the meeting room. Share your voice, camera, and screen; and use other collaboration tools with everyone in the room and have a meeting with strong togetherness.
Creating a New Meeting Room
Creating a new meeting room can be done in just 3 steps.
- Click on the blue “Create Meeting” button at the top right corner of the floor
- Enter the name of the new meeting room
- Click “Create”
Private Meeting Room
There are two types of meeting rooms: public and private.
The meeting room cards on the floor for public meeting rooms are blue, but those for private ones are gray.
Up to two people can enter the private meeting room without invitation.
However, when there are already two or more people in the room, others cannot enter unless one of the members in the meeting directly invites them.
Background Image Settings
The background of the meeting rooms can be freely changed.
The default setting is wood, but you can upload any image desired from the “Upload Image” function and use it as the meeting room’s background.
Enabling Speech to Text Function
The speech to text function is one that can transcribe the conversations being held in the meeting rooms.
Room Language Settings
The language used in the meeting rooms can be set.
The language selected will be used when transcribing the conversations held in the meeting rooms.
With the settings above, the chat in the meeting room will be displayed in English.
For translation settings, see: Speech Translation
Change Webcam Size
Workspace administrators can adjust the size of the webcam when a member turns their camera on in a meeting room.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on the arrow next to “Webcam Size” in the “Workspace” tab
- Click on desired size
- Click on “Update”
Rectangular Webcam Shape
- Click on the gear icon at the upper left hand corner of the meeting room
- Click on “Enable Rectangular Webcam View”
- Click on “Update”
Set Virtual Background
- Click on the arrow next to the video camera icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen
- Click on “Enable Virtual Background”
- Click on “Virtual Background Setting” (to upload custom virtual background)
Entering a Meeting Room
When you want to have a meeting, you will need to enter the meeting room first. There are two methods to do so.
- Enter by Cards on the Floor
By clicking on the corresponding blue or gray colored cards on the floor, you are able to join the meeting room.
- Enter by Sidebar
By clicking on the name of the meeting room displayed on the sidebar at the left side of the screen, you are able to join the meeting room.
Inviting Members to a Meeting
When inside a meeting room, you can invite other members to join you by placing your cursor over the person’s name on the side bar.
Set Up Regular Meetings
VoicePing recommends using separate conference rooms for each scheduled meeting. The reason for this is that VoicePing saves a record of what occurs in each meeting room as meeting logs.
Furthermore, meeting rooms can be set to begin automatically, calling participating members to join when the time comes.
Set Regular Meetings
- Click on “Create Meeting” at the upper right corner of the screen
- Enter meeting name
- Click on “Set Meeting as Scheduled Regular Meeting”
- Add participating member (Search by name or group)
※ See the page below for how to create groups
- Set meeting time and date
- If the meeting is held more than once a day, add more time slots by clicking “Add Aditional Slot”
- Set a notification from “Notify participant before Meeting in”
- Click on “Create”
Delete Meeting Room Data Automatically
- Click on the gear icon at the upper left corner of the meeting room
- Click on “Delete all data when the meeting room is empty”
- Click on “Update”
※ Data will only delete automatically after everyone leaves the meeting room
Removal of a Meeting Room
When a meeting is no longer needed, they can be removed with just 2 steps.
- Click on the three dots that appear at the top right corner of the blue or gray card on the floor
- Click “Delete Meeting”
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
@October 18, 2022 Updated by VoicePing inc.